Both Teams to Score is one of the most popular football betting markets.
Almost every online bookmaker has it as an option, and it can be a very safe way of wagering if you know what to look for.
What Does BTTS Mean?
BTTS is just an abbreviation commonly used for the Both Teams to Score football betting market.
So what is it all about? With this market, what you’re essentially trying to do is predict that both teams will score at least once during the course of the game. As such, there are only two possible outcomes for a BTTS bet which is more favourable from a player’s perspective than regular 1X2 betting.
Anything else but scoring about the match does not affect this market. Which team eventually wins doesn’t matter. The final score doesn’t matter either – as long as the score at the end is at least 1:1, you’re good to go.
It’s important to note that, because of how scoring works in various sports, Both Teams to Score is only used in football betting.
That’s pretty much it as far as the very essentials go. The basics of BTTS betting are very simple because of its binary nature, but the question remains: how to win a BTTS bet?
How to pick matches for BTTS betting?
Just like with all smart online punting strategies, in order to figure out good candidates for this type of bet, you’ll need to do your research.
You need to consult statistics and be familiar with team strategies. However, since the winner of the match does not matter for Both Teams to Score betting, it can be a bit tricky to figure out what to look for.
Here are some examples of things that could mark a good match for BTTS betting:
- Look for teams that score a lot of goals but have problems with their defence. For example, you can look up teams that fit in the Over 2.5 Goals market often.
- A good idea is to look for great teams playing away matches. This disadvantage could cause them to leak a goal or two even if they go on to win – which means a winning BTTS bet.
- Also, remember to stay on top of team news and updates. For instance, teams missing their biggest playmakers might not be a good idea if you want to bet on BTTS.
- Another important thing to consider in terms of BTTS betting strategy is the context of the match in question. There is a big difference in the number of goals scored in a friendly game and a title-deciding derby.
- Another small thing that might matter is the conditions the match is being played in. For example, bad weather or bad turf can result in a low number of goals scored.
Because of this market’s relatively safe and simple nature, BTTS Accumulators can also be a good idea.
Alternatively, you can make your life a lot easier by just looking up Bet Guru VIP’s BTTS betting tips. Our team of football experts and veteran punters can provide you daily Both Teams To Score predictions based on diligent research and years of experience.